I don’t live in Miami or near Coconut Grove. Do you have a site near me?

Our site is one of thousands of IRS certified VITA sites located across the United States. You can use the locator found at the IRS website to find options near you.

I have lost my social security card. Do I really need it?

Yes, we are obligated to see social security cards for all of the taxpayers and dependents on a particular tax return. If you have lost your card you can obtain a new one at the Social Security Administration office closest to you.  Information on what to bring and SSA office locations can be found at their website.

Where’s My Refund?

If you have already filed and wondered where your refund is in the processing process, you can check at the IRS website for this purpose.

I make more than $50,000. Can you help me?

At the center we are governed by IRS guidelines as to who we can help, and unfortunately we can’t break those rules. However, we do recommend that you try the IRS’ free e-filing service that you can use on your own.

I think I am the victim of identity theft. What do I do now?

If you receive a notice from IRS, respond immediately. If you believe someone may have used your SSN fraudulently, please notify IRS immediately by responding to the name and number printed on the notice or letter. You will need to fill out the IRS Identity Theft Affidavit, Form 14039.

For victims of identity theft who have previously been in contact with the IRS and have not achieved a resolution, please contact the IRS Identity Protection Specialized Unit, toll-free, at 1-800-908-4490.